Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Gummi bears galore x

Who knew that gummi bears could be so elegant? I happened upon these gorgeous chandeliers online and couldn't resist posting them. I recently moved into a new place, (which happens more often than I would like to admit), and I have the decorating bug once again. There is only one furniture store in Queen Charlotte, and no Haida Gwaii craigslist, which has forced my roommate and I to be rather inventive. We have spent the past few weeks gathering logs and driftwood, 'building' couches out of old shelves, and sewing cushion covers. As cozy as our granny bungalow is becoming, I can't help but imagine a stark white industrial space featuring a glowing gummi bear chandelier. Oh how the grass is always greener...
I showed this post to one of the parents from my school, and we just decided to try our hand at making one for our upcoming Chocolate Circus! The chandelier above was made by artist Yaya Chou, and below by a company called Jellio.

No comments: